In accordance with the new FTC guidelines concerning blogging endorsements, The U.S. Federal Trade Commission recently updated its guidelines regarding disclosures related to endorsements and testimonials.
We here at Crystals Random Thoughts (dot) com, not only want to comply with these federal guidelines, but also want to tell you how we are able to fund our daily, weekly and monthly news letters, website, giveaways and blog hops.
1. We use Banner Ads (in our sidebar and at the top or bottom of our posts or Blog Page and The Rants News Letters ( daily, monthly, weekly), to vendors of products and services that we think our readers might find valuable.
2. We sometimes run Google Ads at the bottom of Our RSS FEEDS.
3. We use text links for which we are paid or are “affiliates.” These affiliate relationships pay Crystals Random Thoughts (Dot) Com a small commission when readers buy from our affiliate vendors after following our affiliate link. Our paid links or affiliate relationships include: Commission Junction, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, ARe, KoBo, Linkshare, Smashwords, Book Depository, Ebooks.com and others.
4. Crystals Random Thoughts ( dot) com never reviews or endorses products or services in exchange for compensation. While we occasionally review products and services offered by our paying advertisers, those reviews are never promised as part of an advertising relationship.
5. We sometimes review products after receiving a free sample of that product (software, hardware, books, etc.) We disclose those free review products in our reviews. We would like the readers to know that some of the books we review on my site are provided to us for free by the publisher, author, editor, book tour company or press assistant of the book. The books are sent to us for an honest review, therefore my review post may be positive or negative. I do not receive any monetary compensation for writing a review unless otherwise stated. I will make known in such reviews if I received the book for free.
6. We also directly sell services of our own.
If you have any questions or concerns, please fill free to Contact Me.